Sponsored by the Kansas Department of Education, the Kansans Against Bullying project seeks to connect cutting-edge evidence to anti-bullying policy development by providing training, online resources, and technical assistance to K-12 Kansas schools.
This project is intended to be a resource for aiding school districts and individual schools in developing and tailoring anti-bullying policy to each district's/school's unique needs. The recommendations outlined in the materials are for schools to consider including in anti-bullying policy. Each district's/school's needs will differ and as such each policy will be unique. Based on current evidence project aims are to:
- Define bullying behaviors and the roles children play in a bullying incident.
- Describe who is at risk for being bullied and "hot spots" for bullying.
- Review common consequences and concerns that youth involved in bullying face.
- Provide examples of how to report and track bullying incidents.
- Review common disciplinary actions and sanctions for acts of bullying.
- Outline considerations for staff trainings.
- Provide considerations for policy development.